Saturday, July 6, 2013

Evil Dead

I just saw the Fede Alvarez's remake of Evil Dead, and I thought it was overall pretty good. The thing I hated the most were the acting and the characters lack of reaction. I don't want to spoil it, but while watching, there are a lot of scenes where you want to scream knowing that even though it looks cool, the smarter choice would have been way better.

That being said, I really enjoyed the film. The new character Mia is no replacement for Ash, but she does hold her on and it will be exciting to see where the new franchise goes. (It has been stated that a 2nd one will be made.) The music, VFX, gore, and scares are all there. There was a lot of effort put into the film unlike the countless other remake of horrors and I guess most films now. I was very skeptical when I started watching it, but I believe that with enough heart and work, this could be the best horror franchise of this generation. That's not saying much when Saw and Paranormal Activity are the only competition. Fuck I hate those latter movies so much.

I'll probably go into details later on with reviews and maybe do a rating system down the line, but for now it's summer and I'm lazy as shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment