Friday, July 26, 2013

Stoker, The Purge, Dead Man Down

I just got finished watching the three films, and I didn't completely waste my time.

The Purge- Really cool concept, horrible script story characters and flow. Best part about it were the killings at the end, and the fact that it was 78 minutes without credits. I know that a sequel is getting made and I feel if the back story and maybe a new writer were hired, it could be good, until then I say FUCK IT.

Dead Man Down- Main reason  I saw this movie was because it had Noomi Rapace in it. I have grown quite fond of her after original Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Prometheus. It had the same director of the first Dragon movie as well. Too bad her character and story were pretty awful and almost ruined the story. The main story was a pretty cool revenge story. I just wish every movie didn't need a love interest to get more people to watch it.

The action and pace were great, but the ending was very meh. I thought the movie was going to be awful, but I liked it a lot more than I thought. Long story short, WHY NOT.

Stoker- I'm not sure why I waited so long to see this gem. I really loved it. I was skeptical because I love Chan-wook Park, but when international directors come to America, a lot of the time they aren't nearly as good as before. That and the fact that it was written by Wentworth Miller of Prison Break fame, why why why why??

It still felt like a Park film which was nice, and had a 21st century Hitchcock feel to it. A lot of thrills and twists for a mature audience which I enjoyed. I can't wait for his next film be it American or Korean. FUCK YEAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment